We all know that the body needs nutrients, minerals, and vitamins in order to function optimally. But do multivitamins actually work?
Yes, they do.
Aside from the fact that it’s shown in most multivitamins ads, numerous studies have shown the benefits of taking multivitamins supplements (a combination of different vitamins normally found in food sources). They provide essential vitamins that are required for the daily nutrient quota.
- They maintain muscle strength
Although muscles are mainly made of proteins, multivitamins are also essential for building and maintaining muscle strength- and steel is important too, don’t forget to beat your deadlift score.
- Vitamin D is necessary for the uptake of calcium and phosphorous which are crucial for muscular contraction and function.
- Vitamin C is an important supplement for the health of blood vessels. It is necessary to ensure that your muscles get enough oxygen and nutrients.
- Vitamin E is essential for cell membrane recovery from oxidative stress. It ensures that the cell membrane is healthy for cellular growth and function.
- B Vitamins are essential for muscle strength i.e. energy metabolism, energy production, amino acid metabolism, and maintenance of nerve tissue.
- They boost your energy levels
If you want more energy for your early morning workout or your long day dealing with Karen from accounting at work, multivitamins might just work for you. Having sufficient vitamins in your system ensures that you have enough mental energy and focus. Vitamins prevent biochemical or nutritional imbalances, mental overexertion, and they promote quality sleep which in turn boosts your energy.
- They boost your moods
Nutritional deficiencies are sometimes responsible for your bouts of bad moods, and sometimes it’s just the people you’re surrounded by. If it’s not the latter, multivitamins can help you deal with symptoms of depression, anxiety, stress, and other mood disorders.
- Vitamin D plays a huge role in cognitive function therefore boosting your brain function.
- Vitamin B6 is vital for nerve function. It helps improve neuropsychiatric disorders such as depression.
- Vitamin B3 is important for the production of serotonin, a feel-good hormone that is essential for boosting your energy levels.
- High Vitamin C levels in your system have been proven to boost your overall mood.
- They help to improve short term memory
If you have the brain span of a gold fish, multivitamins may just be what you need. Having enough vitamins in your system can significantly improve your memory and prevent diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. Although most of these degenerative diseases are caused by lifestyle choices, you can improve the health of your brain by consuming multivitamins to improve brain function.
Multivitamins are essential especially for people who are on restrictive or unhealthy diets. However, it is important to choose high quality multivitamins that have all the vitamins you need. Although getting vitamins from your food is always recommended, you need to ensure that you have all the vitamins needed and the best way to do this is by taking multivitamins. Every vitamin is essential to your health, regardless of the alphabet that comes after it.
Check out the best Multivitamins - Click here